ALLWEST is seeking an Entry-Level Geotechnical Engineer to join our growing team in Missoula, Montana. ALLWEST’s geotechnical engineering staff tackle challenges on a variety of projects throughout Montana and the Inland Northwest. This position will assist with a diverse blend of public and private projects ranging in scope and technical complexity, including foundation design for public and private structures, landslide stabilization, and transportation and roadway design, providing a balance between applied problem solving, technical analysis, and design.
- Work directly and closely with other geotechnical engineers and engineering geologists to learn core skills and how to effectively apply engineering strategies and solutions on a variety of tasks.
- Conduct and oversee subsurface explorations, instrumentation installation and monitoring, and laboratory testing of soils and rock. This position will require occasional overnight or extended (approximate week-long) travel for project related work (travel is often within the greater Missoula region but will occasionally extend throughout Montana, Idaho, and Washington).
- Participate in a broad suite of geotechnical engineering analyses and design, including slope stability analyses, seismic evaluations, shallow and deep foundation design, ground improvement design, excavation and shoring evaluations, and other challenging technical evaluations.
- Assist in preparing various client deliverables with a team of professionals.
- Conduct construction oversight in various capacities to ensure successful completion of projects. This position will also include conducting a variety of construction materials tests to become familiarized with the various facets of geotechnical engineering and construction.
Due to the size of ALLWEST’s geotechnical group and geographic reach, the successful candidate can expect an abundance of variety in their work, strong mentorship, and readily available avenues for expanded responsibility and long-term career growth.
- B.S. degree in civil or geological engineering from an ABET accredited program or related discipline.
- 0 to 4 years of geotechnical engineering or related experience.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Certification or ability to obtain EIT Certification within 6 months.
- Demonstrate clear and professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to successfully work within a team environment (internally and externally) and adapt to changing conditions or project requirements.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions in rugged and sometimes remote field locations.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to operate vehicles in various weather conditions.
- Previous engineering experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience performing subsurface field explorations and installation or monitoring of geotechnical instrumentation, including various drilling methods, test pit excavations, geophysics, and instruments such as inclinometers or piezometers.
- Experience with and/or education in application of geotechnical analysis software for field data reduction, slope stability, foundation design, seismic analysis, etc.
- Experience overseeing geotechnical components of projects in construction.
ALLWEST offers a balance between quality of life in a small, recreation-based community with a work environment that provides competitive salaries; paid time off and holidays; health and welfare benefits; 401(k) plan with company match; and a company ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please send your resume to email@example.com to apply
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer