ALLWEST is seeking an Entry-Level Geotechnical Engineer to join our Missoula team.
As a Geotechnical Engineer you will assist with a blend of public and private projects ranging in scope and technical complexity, including foundation design for public and private structures, landslide stabilization, and transportation and roadway design. Additional duties may include the following:
- Work directly with other geotechnical engineers and engineering geologists to learn core skills and how to effectively apply engineering strategies and solutions.
- Conduct and oversee subsurface explorations, instrumentation installation and monitoring, and laboratory testing of soils and rock.
- On occasion, travel 1-5 days for project related work. Travel is generally within the greater Missoula region but could extend throughout Montana, Idaho, and Washington.
- Participate in a broad suite of geotechnical engineering analyses and design, including slope stability analyses, seismic evaluations, shallow and deep foundation design, ground improvement design, excavation and shoring evaluations, and other technical evaluations.
- Assist with preparation of various client deliverables.
- Conduct construction oversight to ensure successful completion of projects.
- Conduct a variety of construction materials tests to become familiar with the various facets of geotechnical engineering and construction.
The successful candidate can expect a variety of work, strong mentorship, and the opportunity for increased responsibility and long-term career growth.
- B.S. degree in civil engineering, geological engineering, or a related discipline.
- 0-4 years of civil engineering, geotechnical engineering, or related work experience.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certification or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Clear and professional written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work in a team environment (internally and externally).
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions/project requirements.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions and in a variety of field locations.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Previous engineering experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience performing subsurface field explorations and installation or monitoring of geotechnical instrumentation, including various drilling methods, test pit excavations, geophysics, and instruments such as inclinometers or piezometers.
- Experience and/or education in the application of geotechnical analysis software for field data reduction, slope stability, foundation design, and seismic analysis.
- Experience overseeing geotechnical components of projects in construction.
Eligible full-time employees have access to the following benefits:
- 401(k) plan with company match.
- ALLWEST Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- ALLWEST University where we provide additional job training.
- Company paid medical and dental.
- Vision, short and long-term disability, life, FSA, and HSA options.
- Paid time off and paid holidays.
Please send resume or letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.