ALLWEST is seeking a Project Geotechnical Engineer based in our Hayden, Idaho offices.
Job responsibilities for this position will include managing projects by conducting or overseeing subsurface exploration programs and subsurface inspection of site conditions during construction (including soil and rock classification and documentation). This position will require a combination of field work and office work as dictated by project demand. Expectation is that with limited training in local geology, if necessary, applicant can manage most projects with minimal oversight. Candidate should have sufficient experience to help train junior staff, and can intercede with clients when conditions change during construction.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Geotechnical or Civil Engineering with experience in design and construction monitoring related to structure foundations and slope stability.
- Current Professional Engineer (PE) registration in Idaho and/or Washington or ability to obtain license within six months.
- 4+ years of experience in geotechnical engineering.
- Understanding of soil mechanics and construction practices are crucial for this position.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of engineering programs such as SLIDE, LPILE, and AutoCAD are a plus.
Eligible full-time employees have access to the following benefits:
- 401(k) plan with company match.
- ALLWEST Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- ALLWEST University where we provide additional job training.
- Company paid medical and dental.
- Vision, short and long-term disability, life, FSA, and HSA options.
- Paid time off and paid holidays.
Please send your resume to email@example.com to apply
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer